(THE REGISTERED LAND ACT,
CHAPTER 194, LAWS OF BELIZE
REVISED EDITION 2000)
- If a land certificate or title is lost or destroyed, the proprietor may apply to the Registrar of Lands for the issue of a new certificate or title.
- The Registrar of Lands must be satisfied with the evidence submitted to issue a replacement title and cancel the previous title.
- Notice of loss of title will be published in the Belize Gazette.
- The process takes approximately 3 months.
- If, after the issue of a new title the previous title is found, it must be delivered to the Registrar for cancellation.
- Declaration stating the title has been lost or destroyed (provided)
- Notarized passport copies of proprietors
- Notarized copies of company documents if owned by company
- Application for New Title (provided)
- Recent copy of land tax statement
- Map, sketch or survey of property
- Copy of Land Register (depending on type of title)
- Copy of previous title (depending on type of title)
DEED OF CONVEYANCE
For lost or destroyed Deed of Conveyance, we can obtain a certified copy for a total cost of US $ 281.25.
REPLACEMENT TITLE FEES
For Land Certificates and Transfer Certificate of Titles (TCT), our processing fee is US $506.25 plus the recording fee payable to Lands Department. The recording fee depends on the type of title lost as follows (separate from processing fee):
- The recording fee for lost Land Certificate is US $ 60.00.
- The recording fee for lost Transfer Certificate of Title (TCT) is US $ 310.00.