Your investment would not be complete without your company’s bank account. Below are the requirements needed to set up your local account with a Bank in Belize.
DOCUMENTS required for all signatories, directors & shareholders
- Two Recent/Original Bank Reference Letter with a relationship of 2 years. The letter must include:
- Length of time the bank has known the person whom they are writing the reference for;
- Capacity in which the bank knows the referee;
- The line of business they know the person to be involved in; and
- Comments on the person’s character.
If two bank references were not available, a letter of reference from your Attorney would be acceptable.
- Passport/Photo Identification (Notarized) (Or notarized valid Drivers License)
- Full address, telephone, fax, email and website address if applicable
DOCUMENTS required for Corporate Accounts
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Articles and Memorandum of Association
- Resolution of Directors and Officers
- Copy of Share Certificates
- Certificate of Good Standing (If Company is older than 1 yr.)
- Minimum US $150.00 to activate the account
- Account set up takes approximately 2-4 weeks, bank will conduct due diligence to verify the customer
- Add US $ 50.00 for each foreign courier if required
- Add US $ 55.00 for local notarization